Building your authority, better search engine rankings and reducing the sales cycle are three critical reasons as to why it is so important to write quality content for your audience.
Become the expert in your field through writing quality content
People want to do business with those who are the authority in their field. People respect those who have taken the time to excel and become the leading expert on their topic of interest.
Not only that, but your voice is unique. The message and angles you have on a subject are unique to you. The reality is people buy people, not companies.
Writing quality content allows you to share your unique voice and perspective on a range of topics you excel at.
Today I am going to take a look at the top 3 reasons why writing quality content is so vital for your inbound marketing efforts.
Below is a video version of this blog post for those who prefer to watch.
Inbound marketing is considered the number 1 way to attract your ideal customer through great content.
Consider inbound marketing as the number 1 way to attract people to your business.
So let’s get started. Here is the first reason.
1. Writing quality content will help reduce the time it takes to close a sale
When you write interesting content, you end up inspiring people through your words, allowing you to be the trusted authority in your field.
You can build your authority faster through writing powerful and inspiring content and as a result, the sales cycle will reduce.
People will warm to you faster and be more willing to do business with you.
As an example, let’s say your potential prospect is doing research on your company and your competitor.
Your competitor has a blog with a broad range of useful articles answering many of the questions they have about the product.
Also, they have a series of educational videos, explaining how to use each of the products in the catalogue.
Who do you think will earn the business? The site with no blog, no content and a seeming lack of helpful posts about how to use the product. Or the site with a range of informative, educational and inspiring content to make your life better?
Writing quality content will work every single time.
What if I don’t know what content to write?
One of the best ways to get the ball rolling is to answer the top 20 frequently asked questions (FAQs) from your target market. You can do this via blog posts or a popular choice nowadays is video.
Write down all the common questions you and your team receive on a regular basis and start answering those. You will be surprised at the results of this simple exercise.
2. Writing quality content will help your search engine rankings
Google loves to promote content from trusted authorities, and in turn, will push the best content to the top of the search engines.
Google can measure this via through a few key statistics, such as:
- Average time on your site. Average time on site is an overlooked aspect of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).If people are spending 30 seconds of less on average on your website, how much authority do you think your site carries in Google’s eyes?
Compare this to a site where the average time spent is over 2 minutes. Clearly, the site with a higher average time on site is longer has more authority and more engaging and entertaining content. Your job is to write quality content to inspire people to stay on your site.
- Other websites will link back to your content. Earning high-quality backlinks to your site is still the number 1 ranking factor for front page rankings, according to Backlinko study of 1million front page rankings. Notice how I included a link to Backlinko for their excellent research? Creating thought leadership pieces like Brian does will earn you thousands of links over time. 2,417 tweets and 3,000 Facebook likes, as you can see in the image below. If you write quality content, you are more likely to earn strong links from high authority sites, such as the media, other bloggers, small business owners and even journalists.
- Lower bounce rate. According to Google, bounce rate is the percentage of visitors who view only one page of your website before deciding they’ve had enough and bail. By focusing on quality content, you will engage your visitors, provide a broad range of resources on your site and as such, give visitors more of a reason to view multiple pages.
- Social media will love your content, earning you more links and the opportunity to win the respect of thought leaders in your niche. You can see the type of social media love Brian Dean gets from his community as a result of his in-depth content.
Think of your content as the cornerstone for your site to rank on the front page or even attain multiple page one rankings.
What about on-page SEO factors?
Be sure to complement your quality content with solid on-page SEO.
If you do the minimum as far as on-page SEO is concerned, your quality content will have an excellent chance of ranking on the first page of Google and other search engines.
You will need to update your meta tags as a bare minimum, such as your title and description tags.
Every blog post on ProfileBooster has a unique title, description and URL structure, to ensure we have the best chance of ranking in the search engines.
3. Writing quality content will engage your visitors and inspire them to make a purchase
Lastly, consumers aren’t looking for a hard sell with buy this and buy that plastered all over your site.
Instead, they are more likely to want to be engaged with your content and through that engagement will be inspired to make a purchase. As a result, you will reduce the average time it takes to close a sale for your business.
Are you the thought leader in your industry?
People love to do business with the leaders in each industry. The good news is you can become the leader in your industry through quality content.
No-one wants to look silly in front of their friends when it comes to purchasing a product. As a result, people consciously and subconsciously find a way to defend the quality of their purchases.
If a friend questions you on your reason for buying your new product, you will run through a series of reasons as to why you purchased it. A lot of this happens in your subconscious during your research phase.
When you see a series of quality blog posts or informative pages on the website, answering many of your critical questions, your mind is ticking the box regarding working with the authority on the subject.
Conclusion: Why writing quality content will position you as the thought leader in your field
Are you currently writing quality content and sharing your unique voice via your blog posts online? Not only will you be positioned as the expert but it will help you achieve front page rankings on Google and reduce your sales cycle.
Consumers are more informed than ever. It is the first time in history shoppers are more informed than those they are making a purchase off.
Now it is over to you. Get started today on writing more consistently and at a quality that positions you and your company in the highest regard.