Boost the authority of your business with a rock solid video marketing strategy
When it comes to lead generation, how much emphasis do you place on your video marketing strategy?
The reason I ask is that video, and in particular, YouTube video is one of the fastest growing areas for businesses to take advantage of and drive more qualified leads and build your authority.
You are probably already aware of the fact that video marketing is like a massive snowball rolling down the largest snow-capped mountain, gathering more and more speed, and getting bigger and bigger.
YouTube stats alone are mind boggling
If we just look at YouTube video, the stats are just incredible. Then if we add in Facebook video, then it explodes even more.
- In November, Justin Bieber had 670 million views on his YouTube channel
- The Ellen show racked up an impressive 398 million views over the same 30 day period
- According to reelseo.com, 46,000 years worth of YouTube video are watched every day
- And of course, Facebook is ramping up their video marketing strategy so we can all benefit too
So what have you done about your video marketing strategy and how are you taking advantage of this incredible medium to gain more authority and boost the profile of your business and the people within it?
Many financial services companies we speak to are still at the tipping point of building their video marketing ideas and strategies.
Unfortunately, too many are just putting videos up with no actual plan in place and no strategy to allow them to dominate and maximise every opportunity presented via this medium.
Instead, you and your team need to build a video marketing strategy that maximises every possible element.
By that we mean,
- identifying the right messaging;
- finding the most popular content;
- ensuring your videos get found in popular searches; and
- growing your subscriber base.
Growing your subscriber base on YouTube
One of the trickiest elements in regards to video, especially when it comes to YouTube, is to increase your subscriber base. Initially, the process will likely appear quite painful as subscriber numbers grow slowly.
In reality, there are no shortcuts to growing a strong subscriber base, but instead, you need to rely on solid tactics to grow your account consistently.
- Firstly, it will help to let your friends and family know about your new channel and ask them to subscribe. This will provide the quickest wins, so long as your friends have a YouTube account and can do so.
- The next step is to ensure you have a consistent publishing schedule. Get into a routine of publishing great content on a regular basis, so subscribers have something to subscribe to. If you just post a video every few weeks or ad-hoc, then people are less likely to subscribe.
With our Profile Booster YouTube channel, we started off posting once a week and realised this would be a slow process.
We then decided to test publishing twice a week on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s and pull that schedule back a little over Christmas and New Years. This certainly helped with the consistency and started giving people a reason to subscribe.
With our twice-a-week video posting schedule, we decided on short2-minuteute videos hitting on key points, as opposed to longer ones. People are more likely to consume your content if it is shorter, especially when you are starting out and establishing your messaging.
Once people get a feel for your content, you can aim for longer form content to engage the viewers and keep them on your channel for longer.
How to maximise your video marketing strategy
The first thing you need to do is define your target audience, their interests and their biggest challenges. Get into the minds of the people you are trying to reach.
- What are their interests?
- Brainstorm their likes and passions
- What age group are they in?
- Mostly male or female or a combination of both?
Next, you need to build up a suite of video ideas that speaks directly to your target market and answers their more frequently asked questions.
Watch the short video below to see one of the most simple, yet powerful ways to come up with ideas for your videos.
You then need to distribute your material to your target market. Also, reach out to the key influencers to ensure your message is heard far and wide.
What we’ve found when companies maximise their video marketing strategy is they dramatically increase their authority, boost their credibility, are perceived as the experts and drive more leads and sales.
Subtle benefits of using video
One of the subtle and often overlooked benefits of a solid video marketing strategy is a significantly reduced sales cycle. The average time it takes to turn a prospect into a live client is greatly reduced.
Without video, your first meeting is often the only chance your prospect has to get to know you personally.
With video, they can get a feel for who you are, listen to your point of view and philosophy. They can understand how you work and the type of person you are.
As a result, sales cycles, especially in B2B, will be reduced. Previously you may have been having 4-5 meetings to close a deal, whereas those who use video can often close the deal in the first meeting.
If you are interested in maximising your opportunities with video, then get in touch with us today. We can assist in creating a video marketing strategy specific to your business needs.